I've been developing a little math game for my son who is presently in grade 2. You'r a little robot who is trapped in a maze and the only way to get out is by solving math problems in order to unlock doors and other obstacles that are in your way.
I'm using Construct 3 as the game engine and I've found a nice tilemap on opengameart.org by Buch for my maze floor and walls with some modifications.
As of right now:
- Player movement using arrow keys or touch controls.
- When player overlaps a button a math equation with 2 answers is displayed.
- When correct answer is selected the corresponding door will open.
What I have in mind:
- Start menu with option to set what equations will be displayed.
- Enemies, traps and obstacles to deal with.
- Collectable items to give them a goal to reach.
I will keep this development blog updated as much as possible so stay tuned.